Occupational Endorsement Certificate Bookkeeping
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Bookkeeping prepares students to record and analyze accounting transactions. Students will gain a fundamental understanding of current and long-term assets and current and long-term liabilities. In addition, students will gain experience with a computerized accounting program.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ACCT A101||Principles of Financial Accounting I||3|
|ACCT A102||Principles of Financial Accounting II||3|
|ACCT A222||Introduction to Computerized Accounting||3|
|BA A151||Business Foundations||3|
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business||3|
|CIOS A135A||Spreadsheets I: MS Excel||1|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for this certificate.
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Bookkeeping will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental accounting equation in the analysis and recording of business transactions and understand the concepts underlying the preparation of financial statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to use special journals and subsidiary ledgers in the analysis and recording of business transactions.
- Demonstrate competency in using computer technology in the accounting processing cycle.