Associate of Applied Science in General Business
This program is delivered through the Anchorage Campus, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College and Matanuska-Susitna College.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in General Business emphasizes the application of business principles to achieve organizational goals and to manage business affairs with professionalism, integrity and a spirit of inquiry. Students build the confidence to communicate orally, in writing and interact positively with subordinates, superiors, customers and other stakeholders. They will also gain business skills relevant to the specific industry of their present and future employment, and develop the ability to manage and supervise specialists with consideration for all aspects of business.
To provide maximum transferability to a Bachelor of Business Administration, it is recommended that students meet with an advisor to selectively choose courses.
Complete the Admission Requirements for Associate Degrees.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ACCT A201||Principles of Financial Accounting 1||3|
|ACCT A202||Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|BA A151||Business Foundations||3|
|BA A166||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||3|
|BA A231||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|BA A233||Survey of Finance||3|
|BA A241||Business Law I||3|
|BA A260||Marketing Practices||3|
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business||3|
|ECON A201||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON A202||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|LGOP A110||Logistics, Information Systems and Customer Service||3|
|MATH A105||Intermediate Algebra||3-4|
|or MATH A121||College Algebra for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A151||College Algebra for Calculus|
|or MATH A221||Applied Calculus for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A251||Calculus I|
|Complete 9 credits of advisor-approved electives. Courses must be from: ACCT, BA, CIS, ECON, LGOP or LOG||9|
A minimum of 60 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in General Business will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to solve problems and make decisions based on accepted business principles.
- Explain the concepts of ethics, social responsibility, and the terms under which ethical rights and duties exist between organizations and society.
- Discuss socially diverse and cultural differences and how global opportunities and challenges influence the decision-making process.
- Explain human social relations and the implications related to the ability to effectively communicate in ethnically diverse contexts.
- Discuss the process of achieving organizational objectives through people and other resources.
- Apply the introductory concepts, fundamental theories, and essential practices in accounting, economics, marketing, and management.
- Demonstrate a solid foundation in management, teamwork, and leadership skills