Associate of Applied Science in General Business
This program is delivered through the Anchorage Campus, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College and Matanuska-Susitna College.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in General Business provides students with a general knowledge of entrepreneurship, human resource management, business law concepts, marketing, and financial statement analysis. Students will gain a better understanding of for-profit and not-for-profit businesses, issues of social responsibility, business ethics, and forms of business ownership.
To provide maximum transferability to a Bachelor of Business Administration, it is recommended that students meet with an advisor to selectively choose courses.
Complete the Admission Requirements for Associate Degrees.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ACCT A201||Principles of Financial Accounting 1||3|
|ACCT A202||Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|BA A151||Business Foundations||3|
|BA A166||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||3|
|BA A231||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|BA A233||Survey of Finance||3|
|BA/JUST A241||Business Law I||3|
|BA A260||Marketing Practices||3|
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business||3|
|ECON A101||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON A102||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|LGOP A110||Logistics, Information Systems and Customer Service||3|
|MATH A105||Intermediate Algebra||3-4|
|or MATH A121||College Algebra for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A151||College Algebra for Calculus|
|or MATH A221||Applied Calculus for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A251||Calculus I|
|Complete 9 credits of advisor-approved electives. Courses must be from: ACCT, BA, CIS, ECON, LGOP or LOG||9|
A minimum of 60 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in General Business will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to solve problems and make decisions based on accepted business principles.
- Explain the concepts of ethics, social responsibility, and the terms under which ethical rights and duties exist between organizations and society.
- Discuss socially diverse and cultural differences and how global opportunities and challenges influence the decision-making process.
- Explain human social relations and the implications related to the ability to effectively communicate in ethnically diverse contexts.
- Discuss the process of achieving organizational objectives through people and other resources.
- Apply the introductory concepts, fundamental theories, and essential practices in accounting, economics, marketing, and management.
- Demonstrate a solid foundation in management, teamwork, and leadership skills