Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Administration
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Course Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees (15 credits). To provide maximum transferability, it is recommended that students consider the baccalaureate General Education Requirements and Bachelor of Business Administration Core Requirements when selecting courses to fulfill the Associate of Applied Science General Course Requirements.
- Complete the program requirements below. Students planning to pursue a BBA must have a grade of C or better in all business courses.
& ACCT A102
|Principles of Financial Accounting I|
and Principles of Financial Accounting II
|or ACCT A201||Principles of Financial Accounting|
|ACCT A202||Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business||3|
|MATH A105||Intermediate Algebra *||3-4|
|or MATH A121||College Algebra for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A151||College Algebra for Calculus|
|BA A151||Business Foundations||3|
|BA A166||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||3|
|BA A231||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|BA A233||Survey of Finance||3|
|BA/JUST A241||Business Law I||3|
|BA A260||Marketing Practices||3|
|BA A264||Personal Selling||3|
|Complete 9-12 credits from the following:||9-12|
|Business Law II|
|Introduction to Statistics for Business and Economics|
|Logistics, Information Systems and Customer Service|
|Warehouse and Inventory Control Operations|
|Purchasing and Supply Management|
Or any 300-level ACCT, BA, CIS, ECON, LGOP or LOG course provided the prerequisites have been met. **
|Complete 6 credits from the humanities, mathematics and natural sciences, or social sciences AAS General Course Requirement lists, other than BA A151 and MATH A105, MATH A121 or MATH A151.||6|
MATH A105 will not satisfy the quantitative skills General Education Requirement for the baccalaureate degree.
Students who may decide to pursue a BBA can maximize transferability of their credits by taking MATH A121 or MATH A151, BA A273 and any 300-level business course as long as prerequisites have been completed.
A total of 60 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Administration will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of for profit and not for profit businesses, issues of social responsibility, business ethics, and forms of business ownership.
- Explain the importance of entrepreneurship to the wealth of an economy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of human resource management, the responsibilities of human resource managers, and the role of human resource planning in an organization’s competitive strategy.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of business law concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, capital assets utilization, budgeting, debt financing, and the preparation of financial statements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of marketing and how the marketing concept applies in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate skills to sell themselves, products, services, and ideas.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing computer technology.