Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Analytics
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Analytics helps students to acquire skills to meet workforce needs by preparing them for a high demand job area in Business Analytics that cuts across multiple areas: healthcare, finance, marketing, management, global supply chain management, and logistics to name a few.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business||3|
|MATH A121||College Algebra for Managerial and Social Sciences 1||3 or 4|
|or MATH A151||College Algebra for Calculus|
|CIS A210||Contemporary Business Applications Development||3|
|ECON A227||Introductory Statistics for Economics and Business||3|
|Choose two courses from the list below:|
|CIS A330||Database Management Systems||3|
|CIS A470||Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence||3|
|CIS A490||Advanced Topics in Management Information Systems 2||3|
|Total||18 or 19|
1Some of these courses have prerequisites or require a placement exam prior to registration. Please see an advisor for assistance.
2Approved course title includes Data Visualization using one or more of the major software/tools such as Python, Tableau, R, Spotfire, and Power BI. All other course titles must be approved by the student’s academic advisor.
A minimum of 18 credits is required for this certificate.
Students graduating with the Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Analytics will be able to:
- Complete a comprehensive, hands-on project utilizing spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation software.
- Define and describe current technologies and their applications to business.
- Use appropriate analytical techniques to identify, evaluate, and select logical solutions that meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in the use of current information technologies for analyzing data of importance to business.