Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Leadership
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Leadership prepares students for entry-level leadership roles in supervisor and management positions. The program focus on students developing skills to effectively manage and supervise individuals to achieve organizational objectives. In addition, students will learn Microsoft Office to augment their leadership and communication competencies.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|BA A151||Business Foundations||3|
|BA A231||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|BA A264||Personal Selling||3|
|CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business 2||3|
|COMM A111||Fundamentals of Oral Communication 2||3|
|or COMM A241||Public Speaking|
|UNIV A190||Selected Topics in University Studies 1||1|
Approved course titles include Success in Online Activities, Strategies for Success in College, and Community Leadership. All other course titles must be approved by the student's academic advisor.
Some of these courses have prerequisites or require a placement exam prior to registration. Please see an advisor for assistance.
A minimum of 16 credits is required for this certificate.
Students graduating with the Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Business Leadership will be able to:
- Describe the process of achieving organizational objectives through people and other resources.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of contexts and formats.
- Use prominent operating system software to create, save, move, copy, delete, and rename folders and files.
- Effectively use the managerial functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.