Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Limited Radiology
Limited radiographers perform X-ray examinations within a limited scope and work under the direct supervision of a registered radiologic technologist, physician and physician’s assistant. The limited radiographer is prepared with the technical skills to perform examinations and provide the physician with diagnostic images of the skeletal system.
The occupational endorsement certificate is not contingent upon the student passing any type of external certification or licensure examination.
This certificate does not lead to the AAS in Radiologic Technology.
- Satisfy the Application and Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificate Programs.
- Students must be at least 18 years or older.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the Program Requirements below with a grade of C or higher in all required courses.
|RADT A101||Fundamentals for Limited Radiography I||3|
|RADT A102||Fundamentals for Limited Radiography II||3|
|RADT A103||Procedures for Limited Radiography I||3|
|RADT A104||Procedures for Limited Radiography II||2|
A total of 11 credits is required for this certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
This program prepares students to work as limited radiographers with knowledge of the curriculum content identified by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT). After completion of this program the students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Entry-level knowledge and skills for employment as a limited radiographer.
- Proficiency in the performance of limited radiographic procedures.
- Meet statewide staffing needs.