Bachelor of Science in Applied Technologies Leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Technologies Leadership (BS ATL) provides a bachelor's degree completion option for students with an AAS or 45 technical credits in any field. Courses are offered via online and distance delivery to afford maximum flexibility for enrolled students.
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Technologies Leadership (BSATL) is a student-centered program that prepares students for leadership positions in technical fields. The program allows students to design a program of study that complements their technical proficiencies. Students entering the program come from many disciplines and have earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), or a minimum of 45 related technical specialty credits, from a regionally accredited institution. This degree is appropriate for graduates of applied science and similar programs at other institutions, as well as a wide array of industrial technology professionals and military students with the required credits in their career field.
Students complete a common core of advanced professional, communication and quantitative skills and then work with a faculty advisor to design a meaningful study plan with upper-division coursework appropriate to advance in their discipline. Students use this coursework to explore and prepare for their future, collect artifacts from their experience, and synthesize their learning through a capstone experience and electronic portfolio.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Students who apply to the BSATL must complete the following:
- Mandatory advising session with a BSATL faculty advisor to develop an individual learning plan.
- An AAS from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent credits in a technical specialty area as approved by a BSATL faculty advisor (45 credits minimum).
All students are required to meet with their faculty advisor each semester to review their academic progress and plan future courses. It is particularly important for students to meet with their advisor whenever academic difficulties arise.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
- Students must work with a faculty advisor to design a learning plan focused on upper-division courses that complement their technical specialty and professional goals. These courses should focus on specialized knowledge required for advancement in a student’s field or acquiring a broader knowledge base of a particular skill.
|TECH A302||Organizational Safety and Health||3|
|TECH A305||Applied Leadership for Technicians||3|
|TECH A433||Project Design, Implementation and Control||3|
|TECH A453||Capstone Project||3|
|Complete two of the following:||6|
|Collaboration and Group Decision Making|
|Communication in the Workplace|
|Communication and Leadership|
|Complete one of the following:||3-4|
|Introduction to Statistics for Business and Economics|
|Applied Statistics for the Sciences|
|Complete 3 credits of upper-division, advisor-approved ethics courses:||3|
|Globalization and Business Environment|
Other advisor-approved ethics course
|Complete 18 credits of upper-division, advisor-approved courses in business, industry or general support.||18|
A minimum of 120 advisor-approved credits is required for the degree, of which a minimum of 42 credits must be upper-division.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Technologies Leadership, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate appropriate strategic communication tools and techniques in a wide variety of business contexts
- Apply appropriate management tools and techniques to manage various types of projects
- Apply accepted leadership and management practices to promote ethical behavior and sustainable quality performance in organizations
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace
- Develop strategies to support an organization’s vision, mission and capabilities while motivating and leading internal and external constituents.