The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Applied Technologies Leadership provides a bachelor's degree completion option for students with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or 45 technical credits in any field. Courses are offered via online and distance delivery to afford maximum flexibility for enrolled students.
The BS in Applied Technologies Leadership is a student-centered program that prepares students for leadership positions in technical fields. The program allows students to design a program of study that complements their technical proficiencies. Students entering the program come from many disciplines and have earned an AAS, or a minimum of 45 related technical specialty credits, from an institutionally accredited institution. This degree is appropriate for graduates of applied science and similar programs at other institutions, as well as a wide array of industrial technology professionals and military students with the required credits in their career field.
Students complete a common core of advanced professional and communication skills and work with an advisor to design a meaningful study plan with upper-division coursework appropriate to advance in their discipline. Students use this coursework to explore and prepare for their future, collect artifacts from their experience, and synthesize their learning through a capstone experience.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
- Students must work with a faculty or professional advisor to design a learning plan. These courses should focus on specialized knowledge required for advancement in a student’s field or acquiring a broader knowledge base of a particular skill.
|TECH A305||Applied Leadership for Technicians||3|
|TECH A433||Project Design, Implementation and Control||3|
|TECH A453||Capstone Project||3|
|Complete 3 credits of upper-division, advisor-approved safety course:||3|
|Incident Investigation and Analysis|
|Risk Management for Safety and Health|
|Human Factors in Aviation|
|Aircraft Accident Investigation|
|Complete two of the following:||6|
|Collaboration and Group Decision Making|
|Communication in the Workplace|
|Communication and Conflict|
|Communication and Leadership|
|Complete 3 credits of upper-division, advisor-approved ethics course:||3|
|Globalization and Business Environment|
A minimum of 120 credits is required for the degree, of which 39 must be upper-division.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Technologies Leadership, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate appropriate strategic communication tools and techniques in a wide variety of business contexts
- Apply appropriate management tools and techniques to manage various types of projects
- Apply accepted leadership and management practices to promote ethical behavior and sustainable quality performance in organizations
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace
- Develop strategies to support an organization’s vision, mission and capabilities while motivating and leading internal and external constituents.