Associate of Applied Science in Apprenticeship Technologies
- Satisfy the Application and Admission Requirements for Associate Degree Programs.
- Present documentation of acceptance into a registered apprenticeship program approved by the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship.
Students should contact the Apprenticeship Technologies Coordinator or an academic advisor for assistance with course planning toward the Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Course Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Develop and maintain an e-portfolio documenting related “On the Job Training” (OJT), progress of apprenticeship including hours and attainment of program learning outcomes.
- Complete the Program Requirements below.
|Complete any 100-level or higher undergraduate MATH or STAT course.||1-5|
|CEL A292||Introduction to Civic Engagement||3|
|CIS A105||Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software *||3|
|Complete one of the following:||3|
|Fundamentals of Supervision|
|Successful completion of approved apprenticeship program. **|
|Electives to complete a minimum of 60 credits of advisor-approved courses linked to an identified education or career pathway as needed.|
Or any higher-level CIS course.
Up to 38 technical credits from the approved apprenticeship will apply towards the AAS in Apprenticeship Technology program.
A minimum of 60 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills needed in the workplace.
- Articulate how their academic coursework complements their knowledge and skills in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate entry-level knowledge and skills for technical applications related to their chosen field.