The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Automotive Engine Performance helps prepare students for the ASE Electrical Certification and Automotive Engine Performance certification and to diagnose and repair basic issues related to electrical and engine performance systems, within the automotive maintenance and repair industries. Credits required for this Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) are applicable to the Undergraduate Certificate and Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology. The Automotive Engine Performance OEC is built on ASE Education Foundation standards.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ADT A102||Introduction to Automotive Technology||3|
|ADT A121||Basic Electrical Systems||3|
|ADT A131||Auto Electrical II||3|
|ADT A202||Auto Fuel and Emissions Systems||4|
|ADT A222||Automotive Engine Performance||3|
|ADT A227||Auto Electrical III||3|
A minimum of 19 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Automotive Engine Performance will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and critical thinking necessary for success in the automotive maintenance and repair industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing electrical and engine performance diagnostic tasks in a professional setting.
- Demonstrate effective employability skills, including oral and written communication skills, as required by accreditation standards of the ASE Education Foundation.
- Demonstrate academic proficiency necessary to pass national examinations in the electrical and engine performance areas.