Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Automotive Specialist
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Automotive Specialist will help prepare students for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Electrical and Brakes Certifications and to perform basic tasks related to the automotive maintenance and brake repair industries. Credits from the OEC in Automotive Specialist are applicable to the Undergraduate Certificate and Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology.
The OEC as an Automotive Specialist is built on ASE Education Foundation standards.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ADT A102||Introduction to Automotive Technology||3|
|ADT A121||Basic Electrical Systems||3|
|ADT A122||Engine Theory and Diagnosis||3|
|ADT A131||Auto Electrical II||3|
|ADT A150||Brake Systems||4|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate as an Automotive Specialist will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and critical thinking necessary for success in the automotive maintenance and repair industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing electrical and brake system diagnostic tasks in a professional setting.
- Demonstrate effective employability skills, including oral and written communication skills, as required by accreditation standards of the ASE Education Foundation.
- Demonstrate academic proficiency necessary to pass national examinations in the electrical and brakes areas.