Associate of Applied Science in Computer and Networking Technology
This associate degree prepares students to install, configure, administer, operate and repair networks used to connect computing and digital communications systems of various types.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Computer and Networking Technology (CNT) provides entry-level skills and career education to meet the demand for well-trained technicians in the computer electronics and networking industries. Graduates from the CNT program can be employed as skilled technical support workers in a variety of fields including networking, network administration, computer technical support, and computer repair.
Complete the Admission Requirements for Associate Degrees.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|CNT A162||PC Architecture and Building||3|
|CNT A165||Customer Service Fundamentals||1|
|CNT A170||CCNA 1||4|
|CNT A180||PC Peripherals, Storage and A+ Certification||4|
|CNT A183||Local Area Networks||3|
|CNT A240||Industry PC Configuration Essentials||2|
|CNT A261||CCNA 2||4|
|CNT A264||Introduction to Information Security||3|
|CNT A270||CCNA 3||4|
|CNT A271||CCNA 4||4|
|CNT A280||Server Operating Systems||3|
|Complete 12 credits from the following or from courses approved by CNT faculty advisor:||12|
|Computer Technical Support|
|Individual Technical Project|
|Industry Workplace Experience|
|Selected Topics in Information Technology (May be taken mutliple times under different titles)|
|Selected Topics in Computer and Networking Technology (May be taken mutliple times under different titles)|
A minimum of 60 credits is required for the degree.
Students graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in Computer and Networking Technology will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Cisco router installation, configuration and troubleshooting in multi-protocol inter-networks.
- Proficiency in Cisco switch and VLAN installation, configuration and troubleshooting in multi-protocol inter-networks.
- Competency in entry-level tasks of planning, design, installation, operation and troubleshooting Ethernet and TCP/IP networks.
- Computer literacy in PC applications and operating systems.
- Proficiency in PC architecture, troubleshooting and repair.
- The installation, configuration, basic administration and troubleshooting of the current prevalent operating systems.
- Basic computer and network system administration.
- The configuration and maintenance of network and computer system security including security incident response.
- Proper documentation, customer service skills, phone and closing skills.
- The ability to think critically and solve problems within the domain.