Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Office Foundations
This program is available at Kodiak College. Admission to this program at the Community & Technical College, Kenai Peninsula College and Mat-Su College is currently suspended.
Provides foundational skills required for entry into the administrative office professional field.
Students should contact the CIOS faculty for assistance with course planning toward the occupational endorsement certificate.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the program requirements below.
- Students must earn a satisfactory grade (C or higher, or P) in all CIOS courses required for the certificate.
All students must take the following basic computer skills courses or possess equivalent knowledge. Students may take a test to prove proficiency in these areas. Beginning computer users should begin with the basic skills courses. The basic skills courses cover foundational skills and students may test out of them.
|CIOS A101A||Keyboarding A: Basic Keyboarding||1|
|CIOS A113||Operating Systems: MS Windows||1|
|CIOS A130A||Word Processing I: MS Word||1|
|CIOS A135A||Spreadsheets I: MS Excel||1|
|CIOS A146||Internet Concepts and Applications||1|
|CIOS A101B||Keyboarding B: Business Documents I||1|
|CIOS A101C||Keyboarding C: Business Documents II||1|
|CIOS A115||10-Key for Business Calculations||2|
|CIOS A125A||Electronic Communications I: MS Outlook||1|
|CIOS A140A||Databases I: MS Access||1|
|CIOS A150A||Presentations: MS PowerPoint||1|
|CIOS A161A||Business Writing Strategies||2|
|CIOS A165||Office Procedures||3|
|CIOS A230A||Word Processing II: MS Word||1|
A total of 16 credits is required for this OEC.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this OEC, students will demonstrate:
- Keystroke skills of 40 net words per minute minimum.
- Intermediate skills in word processing and business document formatting.
- Entry-level skills in spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and electronic communication.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of proper grammar and mechanics used in business documents.
- Basic business math and 10-key calculator operations.
- Entry-level skills in file organization and management.