Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Office Support
This program is available at Mat-Su College and Kodiak College. Admission to this program at the Community & Technical College and Kenai Peninsula College is currently suspended.
Builds on the Office Foundations OEC with additional skills an administrative assistant would typically use in an office setting.
- Satisfy the Application and Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificate Programs.
- Complete the 16-credit Office Foundations OEC prior to admission to this program.
Students should contact the CIOS faculty for assistance with course planning toward the occupational endorsement certificate.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the program requirements below.
- Earn a satisfactory grade (C or higher, or P) in all CIOS courses required for the certificate.
|CIOS A235A||Spreadsheets II: MS Excel||1|
|CIOS A260A||Business Communications||3|
|CIOS A262A||Job Search Strategies||2|
|CIOS A264A||Records Management||2|
|CIOS A265||Office Management||3|
|CIOS A276A||Independent Project||1|
|CIOS A295||Office Internship||1|
|WRTG A111||Writing Across Contexts||3|
A total of 16 credits is required for this OEC.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this OEC, students will demonstrate:
- Keystroke skills of 40 net words per minute minimum.
- Intermediate skills in spreadsheets.
- Intermediate skills in managing data using a variety of media.
- Develop business quality digital presentations and documents using a variety of media.
- Compose appropriate business communications.
- Collaborate in office settings