Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Web Engineering
This program is delivered only through Prince William Sound College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Web Engineering prepares students to enter the IT field as web developers.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Ability to perform high school algebra
- Highly proficient at operating a personal computer
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements:
|CS A109||Computer Programming (Languages Vary)||3|
|TECH A120||Commercial Web Page Development||3|
|TECH A125||Web Database Systems||3|
|TECH A222||Client-Side Scripting Languages||3|
|TECH A227||Server-Side Scripting Languages||3|
|UNIV A190||Selected Topics in University Studies||1-3|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Web Engineering will be able to:
Create engaging commercially-oriented web pages that properly mix web development programming languages, a client-side scripting language, and a server-side scripting language;
Create responsive, accessible, and compliant web-oriented documents;
Integrate database content into a web site;
Create client-side scripts that provide dynamism, error checking, and content to a web page;
Create web site e-commerce components such as logins and shopping carts.