This program is delivered only through Prince William Sound College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Web Engineering prepares students to enter the IT field as web developers.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Ability to perform high school algebra
- Highly proficient at operating a personal computer
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements:
|CS A109||Computer Programming (Languages Vary)||3|
|TECH A120||Commercial Web Page Development||3|
|TECH A125||Web Database Systems||3|
|TECH A222||Client-Side Scripting Languages||3|
|TECH A227||Server-Side Scripting Languages||3|
|CNT A165||Customer Service Fundamentals||1|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Web Engineering will be able to:
- Create engaging commercially-oriented web pages that properly mix web development programming languages, a client-side scripting language, and a server-side scripting language;
- Create responsive, accessible, and compliant web-oriented documents;
- Integrate database content into a web site;
- Create client-side scripts that provide dynamism, error checking, and content to a web page;
- Create web site e-commerce components such as logins and shopping carts.