Associate of Applied Science in Computer Systems Technology
This program is delivered only through Matanuska-Susitna College. Admission to this program is currently suspended at Kodiak College; contact the college for more information.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Course Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the program requirements below.
- Achieve a grade of C or higher in all program course requirements.
|BA A151||Business Foundations *||3|
|BA A231||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|CIS A105||Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software||3|
|or CIS A110||Computer Concepts in Business|
|WRTG A212||Writing and the Professions||3|
|MATH A105||Intermediate Algebra *,**||3-4|
|or MATH A121||College Algebra for Managerial and Social Sciences|
|or MATH A151||College Algebra for Calculus|
|Computer Knowledge and Project Skills|
|CNT A160||PC Operating Systems||3|
|CNT A165||Customer Service Fundamentals||1|
|CNT A168||Computer User Support and Help Desk||3|
|CNT A180||Enterprise Design, Peripherals and Storage||3-4|
|or CNT A210||PC Technician Fundamentals|
|CIOS A270||Project Management Fundamentals||2|
|or CNT A275||Information Technology Project Management|
|CNT A276||Individual Technical Project||1-3|
|or CNT A282||Industry Workplace Experience|
|Industry Server Operating System Environment|
|CNT A240||Industry PC Configuration Essentials||2|
|CNT A241||Administering and Supporting Industry Network Infrastructure||3|
|CNT A242||Industry Network Directory Configuration||3|
|CNT A243||Industry Application Infrastructure||3|
|Network Router and Switching|
|CNT A170||CCNA 1||4|
|CNT A261||CCNA 2||4|
|CNT A270||CCNA 3||4|
|CNT A271||CCNA 4||4|
|Complete 6 credits from the following:||6|
|Introduction to Information Security|
|Selected Topics in Information Technology ***|
|Selected Topics in Computer and Networking Technology ***|
Course may also be used to satisfy General Course Requirements.
A minimum of 67 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon program completion, CST graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to manage an IT-related project by professionally and ethically utilizing business principles, communication skills and teamwork.
- competence in IT workplace service skills through customer service, troubleshooting and implementation of security.
- an understanding of IT concepts and technical skills, installing and configuring operating systems, and using utility software.
- knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
- knowledge of network infrastructure, network work groups and domain administration.