The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Safety Specialist provides graduates with the prerequisite skills and knowledge
needed to pursue opportunities with local employers within the field of occupational safety and incident prevention.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C.
|OSH A101||Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health||3|
|OSH A108||Injury Prevention and Risk Management||3|
|OSH A120||Safety Program Management and Recordkeeping||3|
|OSH A201||Hazard Control: Inspections, Audits and Investigations||3|
|OSH A211||Safety Management Systems||4|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and apply applicable standards, regulations, and codes.
- Recognize, evaluate, and recommend control strategies for common hazardous conditions and unsafe work practices.
- Describe basic elements of risk management, Workers’ Compensation losses and risk assessment.
- Implement oral, written and non-verbal communication strategies and techniques to effectively communicate with a multicultural workforce.
- Develop and implement an effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Describe basic accident/incident investigation procedures and analysis techniques.
- Describe basic inspection techniques and procedures.