The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Hospitality provides focused training in hospitality for new-to-industry workers and seasoned professionals looking for an increase in technical and foundational training in hospitality. Career possibilities include front desk agent, night auditor, customer service representative, and hotel or restaurant supervisor.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Placement into MATH A055 or higher and WRTG A111 or higher. For testing schedule, contact the Testing Center.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|CA A101||The Hospitality Industry: Careers, Trends, and Practices||2|
|HA A105||Introduction to Hospitality Administration||3|
|HA A301||Advanced Hospitality Administration||3|
|HA A305||Front Desk Operations||3|
|HA A401||Hotel Facilities and Operations||3|
|HA A410||Hospitality Marketing||3|
A minimum of 17 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Hospitality will be able to:
- Apply theories and concepts of guest service
- Synthesize core concepts in the areas of hospitality management, finance, human resources, marketing, and operations
- Demonstrate personal and professional standards for ethical decision-making and social behavior
- Demonstrate successful employability skills, including oral and written communication skills
- Reflect on educational experience and identify skills needed for post-graduation success