This program is delivered only through Kenai Peninsula College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Petroleum Production prepares students for work as an entry-level petroleum production operator.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements:
|PETR A155||Process Industry Basics||3|
|PRT A110||Introduction to Process Safety, Health and Environmental Awareness||3|
|PRT A160||Oil and Gas Exploration and Production I||3|
|PRT A260||Oil and Gas Exploration and Production II||3|
A minimum of 12 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Petroleum Production will be able to:
- Describe the petroleum production operator’s duties.
- Describe the operation of various types of oil & gas well production methods.
- Identify federal agencies, state agencies, and their applicable regulations that impact safety, health, and environment concerns in petroleum production operations.
- Identify various hand tools and their safe use in petroleum production operations.
- Identify various symbols, graphics, and components used in petroleum production, Piping, and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).