This program is delivered only through Kenai Peninsula College.
The Occupation Endorsement Certificate in Valve Repair and Maintenance prepares students for work as an entry-level valve technician.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements:
|PETR A130||Remotely Actuated Valves 1||4|
|PETR A131||Mechanically Actuated Valves 2||2|
|PETR A155||Process Industry Basics 3||3|
|PRT A140||Industrial Process Instrumentation I||3|
PETR A130 presented "online" but includes five on-site 8-hour hands-on sessions of practical instruction.
PETR A131 presented "online" but includes two on-site 8-hour hands-on sessions of practical instruction.
PETR A155 presented "online" but includes four on-site 8-hour hands-on sessions of practical instruction.
A minimum of 12 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Valve Installation and Maintenance will be able to:
- Describe general troubleshooting techniques and repair procedures for remotely actuated valves.
- Describe general troubleshooting techniques and repair procedures for mechanically actuated valves.
- Describe alignment techniques for remotely actuated valves.
- Describe negative feedback control of a remotely actuated valve in a closed loop control system.
- Identify various hand tools and their safe use in valve maintenance and repair procedures.