Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Commercial Refrigeration Systems
This program is delivered only through Matanuska-Susitna College.
This program has been defined as a gainful employment program. For more information about the education debt, earnings and completion rates of students who attend this program, please see the gainful employment disclosure.
Students are urged to meet with a faculty advisor prior to enrollment in RH classes. Certain courses require prerequisites or faculty permission. See an advisor for information on the recommended course sequence.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the program requirements below.
|RH A101||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Fundamentals||4|
|RH A105||Electrical Circuits for Refrigeration and Heating I||3|
|RH A122||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||4|
|RH A126||Electrical Circuits for Refrigeration and Heating II||3|
|RH A132||Troubleshooting for HVAC/R Systems||3|
A total of 17 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with the Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Commercial Refrigeration Systems will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental laws of physics related to the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
- Understand and describe the function of individual components that make up refrigeration systems.
- Work safely with tools, torches, electricity, refrigerants, and other equipment and materials associated with refrigeration work.
- Follow work practices that are environmentally responsible.
- Obtain employment as an entry-level refrigeration technician and be able to advance professionally.
- Work effectively with customers, employers, and co-workers.
- Systematically troubleshoot refrigeration systems.
- Apply municipal, state, and national mechanical codes to decisions involving the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of refrigeration systems.