Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Commercial Refrigeration Systems
This program is delivered only through Matanuska-Susitna College.
Students are urged to meet with a faculty advisor prior to enrollment in RH classes. Certain courses require prerequisites or faculty permission. See an advisor for information on the recommended course sequence.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the program requirements below.
|RH A101||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Fundamentals||4|
|RH A105||Electrical Circuits for Refrigeration and Heating I||3|
|RH A122||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||4|
|RH A126||Electrical Circuits for Refrigeration and Heating II||3|
|RH A132||Troubleshooting for HVAC/R Systems||3|
A total of 17 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with the Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Commercial Refrigeration Systems will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental laws of physics related to the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
- Understand and describe the function of individual components that make up refrigeration systems.
- Work safely with tools, torches, electricity, refrigerants, and other equipment and materials associated with refrigeration work.
- Follow work practices that are environmentally responsible.
- Obtain employment as an entry-level refrigeration technician and be able to advance professionally.
- Work effectively with customers, employers, and co-workers.
- Systematically troubleshoot refrigeration systems.
- Apply municipal, state, and national mechanical codes to decisions involving the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of refrigeration systems.