Please note: The Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood Education and in Elementary Education, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Early Childhood and in Elementary Education, the Graduate Certificate in Special Education (K-12) initial licensure track, the Master of Arts in Teaching, and the Master of Education in Early Childhood Special Education initial licensure track no longer hold specialized accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) as of December 31, 2018.

The Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Public Communications voluntarily withdrew from specialized accreditation by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).

Complaint Procedures - UAA

UAA’s mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, engagement, and creative expression.  UAA believes in intellectual honesty, mutual respect, and freedom from discrimination, intimidation, harassment, and violence. As valued members of the university community, all students’ opinions are important. University students have a variety of procedures available to them to process complaints or disputes about actions or inaction by members of the university community that adversely affects them.

Assistance with Complaint Resolution

Resources are available on each campus to help students seeking assistance with UAA’s complaint procedures.  

Anchorage Campus (including Chugiak-Eagle River and Military Programs at JBER-Elmendorf and JBER-Richardson

Dean of Students Office(907) 786-1214 or

Kenai Peninsula College

Student Services: (907) 262-0314

Kodiak College

College Director: (907) 486-1220

Mat-Su College

Office of Academic Affairs: (907) 746-9324

Student Services: (907) 745-9762

Prince William Sound College (including the Copper Basin and Cordova Extension sites) 

Student Services: (907) 834-1612