Complaint Procedures - External Agencies

Students have the right to address complaints to relevant external agencies. Most external complaint processes require that the student exhaust avenues of complaint internal to the institution before the external agency will consider a grievance.

The following contact information is for UAA’s state regulatory agency and its regional accreditor.

State regulatory agency:

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE)

PO Box 110505

Juneau, AK 99811-0505

Accrediting body:

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)

8060 165th Ave. NE, Suite 100

Redmond, WA 98052

If you are residing outside of Alaska while attending UAA, you may be able to file a concern in the state in which you are residing. The State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) have compiled a PDF of state complaint contacts for reference.