Please note: The Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood Education and in Elementary Education, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Early Childhood and in Elementary Education, the Graduate Certificate in Special Education (K-12) initial licensure track, the Master of Arts in Teaching, and the Master of Education in Early Childhood Special Education initial licensure track no longer hold specialized accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) as of December 31, 2018.

The Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Public Communications voluntarily withdrew from specialized accreditation by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).

Appropriate Academic Adjustments and Programmatic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

UAA will provide a learning environment in which no student will be subjected to unlawful discrimination based on disability.  Each qualified student with a disability will be eligible to receive appropriate academic adjustments and programmatic accommodations necessary for the student to access educational opportunities, programs, activities, or services in the most integrated setting possible.

A formal complaint may be filed by a student who has been denied services by the Disability Support Services (DSS) Coordinator or site designee, or by a student dissatisfied with the services provided.

The programmatic accommodation process must have been exhausted and informal attempts at resolution must have been attempted before a formal complaint may be filed.  Informal resolution should be attempted by contacting the designated DSS coordinator at the site where the accommodation was requested.

Formal complaints must be submitted in writing to:

         UAA Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs

         Student Union room 204

         (907) 786-6108

The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs will notify individuals of the final decision in accordance with Regents’ Policy.  To see Board of Regents Policy and University Regulation on Services for Students with Disabilities, go to: