Student Dispute/Complaint Resolution Process

University students have a variety of procedures available to them to process complaints or disputes about actions or inaction by members of the university community that adversely affects them. The process used will depend on the nature of the complaint. Academic Dispute Resolution Procedures can be found under Academic Rights of Students. Non-academic procedures can be found in the UAA Student Handbook.

Student Complaint Process / External Agencies

Students have the right to address complaints to relevant external agencies. Most external complaint processes require that the student exhaust avenues of complaint internal to the institution before the external agency will consider a grievance.

The following contact information is for UAA’s state regulatory agency and its institutional accreditor.

State regulatory agency:

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE)
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505

Accrediting body:

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Ave. NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052

If you are residing outside of Alaska while attending UAA, you may be able to file a concern in the state in which you are residing.