Occupational Endorsement Certificates (OECs)
General University Requirements
- Students must be admitted to the program and must complete the certificate program requirements listed for their program. Each program is listed under its offering college.
- Students must complete at least 30 percent of the program in residence at UAA. Additional residency credit requirements, to meet discipline or accreditation standards, may be established.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) at UAA. Some certificate programs require higher GPAs.
- Students must earn a minimum of 9 credits for an occupational endorsement certificate.
- Controlling Catalog:
- Students may elect to graduate under the requirements of any catalog in effect during the five years of formal acceptance.
- If the requirements for a certificate, as specified in the entry-year catalog, are not met within five years of formal acceptance into the program, admission expires and the student must reapply for admission and meet the admission and graduation requirements in effect at the time of formal acceptance. Program requirements may require completion in less than five years.
- Students may earn more than one certificate by completing all requirements for each additional program.
- Occupational endorsement certificates must differ by 3 or more credits.
Please note that not all occupational endorsement certificates are eligible for federal financial aid.