General University Requirements
- Students must be admitted to the program and must complete the certificate program requirements listed for their program. Each program is listed under its offering college.
- For certificates with 30-45 credits, students must earn at least 9 credits in residence. For certificates with 46-60 credits, students must earn at least 15 credits in residence. Additional residency credit requirements may be established by individual certificate programs to meet discipline or accreditation standards.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) at UAA. Some certificate programs require higher GPAs.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at the 100 level or above for an undergraduate certificate.
- Controlling Catalog:
- Students may elect to graduate under the requirements of any catalog in effect during the five years of formal acceptance.
- If the requirements for a certificate, as specified in the entry-year catalog, are not met within five years of formal acceptance into the program, admission expires and the student must reapply for admission and meet the admission and graduation requirements in effect at the time of formal acceptance.
- Students may earn more than one certificate by completing all requirements for each additional program.
- Undergraduate certificates that share a common core must differ by at least 6 credits.