General University Requirements
- Students must be admitted to the program and must complete the certificate program requirements listed for their program. Each program is listed under its offering college.
- When completing the last half of a certificate program, students must earn at least 50 percent of the credits in residence. For example, in a 30-credit certificate program, at least 8 of the last 15 must be resident credits. Additional residency credit requirements, to meet discipline or accreditation standards, may be established.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) at UAA. Some certificate programs require higher GPAs.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at the 100 level or above for an undergraduate certificate.
- Controlling Catalog:
- Students may elect to graduate under the requirements of any catalog in effect during the five years after formal acceptance to the program.
- If the requirements for a certificate, as specified in the entry-year catalog, are not met within five years of formal acceptance into the program, admission expires and the student must reapply for admission and meet the admission and graduation requirements in effect at the time of formal acceptance.
- Students may earn more than one certificate by completing all requirements for each additional program.
- Undergraduate certificates that share a common core must differ by at least 6 credits.