General University Requirements
- Students must earn at least 120 credits at the 100-level and above. Some degree programs require completion of additional credits.
- Students must earn at least 42 upper-division credits, including 24 upper-division credits in residence. Some degree programs require completion of additional upper-division credits.
- Students must earn at least 30 credits in residence. In addition, transfer students must earn in residence at least 12 credits in each major field and, where applicable, at least 3 credits in each minor field. Additional residency credit requirements, to meet program accreditation standards, may be established.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) at UAA. They must also earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) in all courses required for each major and each minor. Some degree programs may require higher GPAs.
- Controlling Catalog:
- Students may elect to graduate under the requirements of any catalog in effect during the seven years of formal acceptance.
- If the requirements for a baccalaureate degree, as specified in the entry-year catalog, are not met within seven years of formal acceptance into the program, admission expires and the student must reapply for admission and meet the admission and graduation requirements in effect at the time of formal acceptance.
- Students must follow established UAA procedures for declaring a major and for changing a major or degree.