Please note: The Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood Education and in
Elementary Education, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Early Childhood
and in Elementary Education, the Graduate Certificate in Special Education
(K-12) initial licensure track, the Master of Arts in Teaching, and the
Master of Education in Early Childhood Special Education initial licensure
track no longer hold specialized accreditation from the National Council
for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) as of December 31, 2018.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degrees
General University Requirements
- Students must be admitted to the degree program and complete the General Course Requirements for AAS Degrees.
- Students must complete the major degree requirements listed for their program. Each program is listed under its offering college.
- Students must earn a minimum of 60 credits at the 100-level or above for an AAS.
- Students must complete at least 15 credits in residence. Additional residency credit requirements, to meet program accreditation standards, may be established.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) at UAA. They must also earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (C) in all courses required for each major. Some associate degree programs may require higher GPAs.
- Controlling Catalog:
- Students may elect to graduate under the requirements of any catalog in effect during the five years of formal acceptance.
- If the requirements for an associate degree, as specified in the entry-year catalog, are not met within five years of formal acceptance into the program, admission expires and the student must reapply for admission and meet the admission and graduation requirements in effect at the time of formal acceptance.