Please note: The Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood Education and in Elementary Education, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Early Childhood and in Elementary Education, the Graduate Certificate in Special Education (K-12) initial licensure track, the Master of Arts in Teaching, and the Master of Education in Early Childhood Special Education initial licensure track no longer hold specialized accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) as of December 31, 2018.

The Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Public Communications voluntarily withdrew from specialized accreditation by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).

University Authorized Travel

Students and student organizations are responsible for ensuring that they and their guests comply with the Student Code of Conduct while on property owned or controlled by the University, or while at activities authorized by the University. Violations of the Student Code of Conduct are subject to UAA’s student conduct review process and disciplinary action.

While in University travel status, students are prohibited from consuming, possessing, or being under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances unless the individual has applied for and received an approved request for serving beer and wine from the Dean of Students. For the purpose of this policy, travel status starts when students begin transporting themselves to the event and ends when they return to their original starting location.