Graduate Certificate in Project Management
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management prepares students with relevant graduate-level project management skills necessary to execute projects and lead organizational transformations across all industry sectors, organizations, and disciplines. Project management skills are in demand, flexible and highly transferable enabling students to initiate a career in project management or develop skills to make a career shift.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Graduate Certificates.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM).
- Complete the General University Requirements for Graduate Certificates.
- Complete the following program requirements with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00:
|PM A601||Project Management Fundamentals||3|
|PM A602||Application of Project Management Processes||3|
|PM A603||Project Initiation and Planning||3|
|PM A604||Project Executing, Monitoring and Control||3|
|Complete 6 credits from the following, 3 of which must be PM:||6|
|Negotiation and Conflict Management|
|Leadership and Organizational Behavior|
|Advanced Project Time Management|
|Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration|
|Advanced Project Risk Management|
|Advanced Project Controls|
|Lean Six Sigma Green Belt|
A minimum of 18 credits is required for the certificate.
PMI GAC Accreditation Standards:
- Technical Expertise: Management of projects to meet needs within constraints with reference to professional standards and guides
- Professional Behavior: Ethical and culturally aware stakeholder engagement, communication, leadership, and teamwork.
- Strategic Awareness: Contextual awareness of strategic and operational drivers required to inform decisions and deliver sustained competitive advantage.
UAA Graduate Certificate in Project Management Learning Outcomes:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: Demonstrate the capability to manage end-to-end projects successfully across a broad range of scale, complexity, scope, environments and inherent risks and constraints through appropriate selection, tailoring and application of knowledge, processes, approaches, tools and techniques.
- PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR: Demonstrate ethical, versatile, and culturally aware leadership, stakeholder engagement, change leadership, and communication skills in a broad range of organizational contexts.
- STRATEGIC AWARENESS: Demonstrate ability to enhance success of organizations through alignment of project outcomes with strategic objectives and operational drivers.
- BUSINESS AND PROJECT ANALYTICS: Demonstrate a facility for comprehensive and objective analysis, structured decision-making, process optimization, and problem solving in the project management environment.