The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Event Production prepares students for a full-time or part-time career in the performing arts, specifically technical theatre or working backstage.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements:
|Complete 9 credits from the following:||9|
|Technical Theatre for the Event Technician|
|Introduction to Sewing and Wardrobe|
|Lighting and Beginning Programming|
|Audio and Sound Engineering for Event Production|
|Rigging and Fly Crew|
|Carpentry and Props for Event Production|
|Theatre Practicum: Technical 1|
A maximum of 3 credits of THR A295 may be applied towards the graduation requirements of this certificate.
A minimum of 9 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Event Production will be able to:
- Identify and demonstrate safe practices and safety-related issues in a fast-paced backstage or event production environment.
- Demonstrate skills used by stagehands, or event technicians in multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills related to the different areas of event production such as lighting, audio production, rigging and fly, and grip work.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and coordinate cross-departmentally with the many different subsets in the production process.