The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Diversity and Social Justice is designed for individuals who may be in the workforce or completing other credentials. This certificate utilizes core courses from human services as well as a multidisciplinary approach, drawing from the culture, social justice, and diversity content from relevant disciplines within UAA.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|HUMS A321||Diversity Issues in Human Services Practice||3|
|HUMS A441||Cultural Practice in Human Systems||3|
|HUMS A442||Privilege & Oppression: Equity and Equality in America||3|
|HUMS A464||Leadership and Diversity in Contemporary Society||3|
A minimum of 12 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Diversity & Social Justice will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in intercultural communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systemic racism and its historical root.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between language and culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of intercultural conflict at the macro, intermediary, and microlevels.