Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Diversity and Social Justice
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Human Services is designed for individuals who may be in the workforce or completing other credentials. This certificate utilizes core courses from human services as well as a multidisciplinary approach, drawing from the culture, social justice, and diversity content from relevant disciplines within UAA.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the major requirements below with a minimum grade of C:
|HUMS A321||Diversity Issues in Human Services Practice||3|
|HUMS A441||Cultural Attunement: Theories and Practice Models||3|
|HUMS A442||Privilege & Oppression: Equity and Equality in America||3|
|Complete 9 advisor-approved credits from related disciplines (e.g. justice, communication, Alaska Native Studies, social work, history, sociology, and anthropology).||9|
A minimum of 18 credits is required for the certificate.
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Diversity & Social Justice will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in intercultural communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systemic racism and its historical root.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between language and culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of intercultural conflict at the macro, intermediary, and micro levels.