The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in IT Support Desk Technician prepares students for entry-level positions in Information Technology as desktop support technicians or help desk technicians. Completion of the certificate courses constitutes 12 credits towards the AAS in Computer Systems and Network Technology.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|BADA A105||Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software||3|
|or BADA A110||Computer Concepts in Business|
|CNT A160||PC Operating Systems||3|
|CNT A165||Customer Service Fundamentals||1|
|CNT A162||PC Architecture and Building||3|
|or CNT A210||PC Technician Fundamentals|
|COMM A111||Fundamentals of Oral Communication||3|
|WRTG A110||Introduction to College Writing||3|
|or WRTG A111||Writing Across Contexts|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in IT Support Desk Technician will be able to:
- Show an understanding of installing and configuring operating systems.
- Show knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Demonstrate competence in IT workplace service skills through customer service and troubleshooting.