The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in IT Support Desk Technician prepares students for entry-level positions in Information Technology as desktop support technicians or help desk technicians. Completion of the certificate courses constitutes 12 credits towards the AAS in Computer Systems and Network Technology.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software
|or BADA A110
|Computer Concepts in Business
|PC Operating Systems
|Customer Service Fundamentals
|PC Architecture and Building
|or CNT A210
|PC Technician Fundamentals
|Fundamentals of Oral Communication
|Introduction to College Writing
|or WRTG A111
|Writing Across Contexts
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in IT Support Desk Technician will be able to:
- Show an understanding of installing and configuring operating systems.
- Show knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Demonstrate competence in IT workplace service skills through customer service and troubleshooting.