The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Hospitality provides focused training in hospitality for new-to-industry workers and seasoned professionals looking for an increase in technical and foundational training in hospitality. Career possibilities include front desk agent, night auditor, customer service representative, and hotel or restaurant supervisor.
- This program includes an internship at an approved hospitality employer near the student's location.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|HA A105||Introduction to Hospitality Administration||3|
|HA A201||Advanced Hospitality Administration||3|
|HA A205||Front Desk Operations||3|
|HA A210||Hotel Facilities and Operations||3|
|HA A295||Hospitality Administration Internship||3|
|HA A410||Hospitality Marketing||3|
A minimum of 18 credits is required for the certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Hospitality will be able to:
- Apply theories and concepts of guest service;
- Synthesize core concepts in the areas of hospitality management, finance, human resources, marketing, and operations;
- Demonstrate personal and professional standards for ethical decision-making and social behavior;
- Demonstrate successful employability skills, including oral and written communication skills;
- Reflect on educational experience and identify skills needed for post-graduation success.