Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Conflict Resolution
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Conflict Resolution provides students the opportunity to acquire skills used in various conflict resolution methods used in human service agencies. The 18-credit program provides a balanced education in the study of family mediation, alternative dispute resolution, paraprofessional counseling and group facilitation. Instruction is delivered through classroom lectures, demonstrations, case studies and role plays.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the program requirements below.
|HUMS A223||Introduction to Paraprofessional Counseling I||3|
|HUMS A224||Conflict and Collaborative Systems||3|
|HUMS A324||Introduction to Paraprofessional Counseling II||3|
|HUMS A333||Alternative Dispute Resolution||3|
|HUMS A334||Family Mediation||3|
|HUMS A435||Individual and Group Facilitation||3|
A total of 18 credits is required for the occupational endorsement certificate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing this certificate are prepared to:
- Understand the nature of conflict through theory and collaborative practices.
- Demonstrate enhanced communication skills and interpersonal skills to include negotiation.
- Incorporate conflict management skills in human service practice.
- Integrate concepts of diversity into various collaborative practices.