This program is delivered only through Prince William Sound College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Construction Skills prepares students to perform building and facility maintenance and repair.
Licensure and/or Certification
This license has no associated skills test. This OEC prepares students to complete work as described under AS 08.18.101, which sets insurance and bonding requirements necessary to act as a "General Contractor - Handyman."
Please go to UAA's Authorization by State website for information about licensure or certification in a state other than Alaska.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|RE A140||Home Energy Basics||1|
|ITEC A102||Core Curriculum for Skilled Trades||2|
|ITEC A130||Introduction to Framing||1|
|ITEC A134||Siding Installation||1|
|ITEC A135||Insulation Systems||1|
|ITEC A136||Floor Coverings||1|
|ITEC A137||Drywall Installation and Finishing||1|
|ITEC A138||Roofing Installation||1|
|ITEC A139||Door and Window Installation||1|
|ITEC A141||Kitchen and Bathroom Fixtures||1|
|ITEC A152||Electrical Fixtures||1|
|ITEC A295||Industrial Technology Internship||4|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for this certificate
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Construction Skills will be able to:
- Perform framing repairs to residences and facilities
- Perform plumbing repairs to residences and facilities
- Change plumbing trim components
- Perform electrical repairs to residences and facilities
- Change electrical trim components
- Perform general construction skills such as hanging wallboard, doors, and windows