Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Construction Skills
This program is delivered only through Prince William Sound College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Construction Skills prepares students to perform building and facility maintenance and repair.
Licensure and/or Certification
This license has no associated skills test. This OEC prepares students to complete work as described under AS 08.18.101, which sets insurance and bonding requirements necessary to act as a "General Contractor - Handyman."
Please go to UAA's Authorization by State website for information about licensure or certification in a state other than Alaska.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|ITEC A102||Core Curriculum for Skilled Trades||2|
|ITEC A130||Handyman Framing||1|
|ITEC A131||Handyman Walls and Stairs||1|
|ITEC A132||Handyman Interior Finishing||1|
|ITEC A140||Handyman Rough Plumbing||1|
|ITEC A141||Handyman Kitchen and Bathroom Plumbing||1|
|ITEC A142||Handyman Outdoor and Hot Water Plumbing||1|
|ITEC A150||Handyman Basic Electrical||1|
|ITEC A151||Handyman Electrical Wiring and Outlets||1|
|ITEC A152||Handyman Electrical Fixtures and Upgrades||1|
|OSH A100||Basic Workplace Safety||1|
|RE A210||Cold Climate Construction||3|
|UNIV A190||Selected Topics in University Studies||1-3|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for this certificate
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Construction Skills will be able to:
- Perform framing repairs to residences and facilities
- Perform plumbing repairs to residences and facilities
- Change plumbing trim components
- Perform electrical repairs to residences and facilities
- Change electrical trim components
- Perform general construction skills such as hanging wallboard, doors, and windows