Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Baking & Pastry Arts
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Baking & Pastry Arts prepares students for entry-level baking positions within the hospitality and tourism industry. Students can advance in career opportunities because of their formal training and education. Career possibilities available to graduates of the baking and pastry arts program include positions in restaurants, bakeries, hotels, and institutions.
- Complete the Admission Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Placement into MATH A055 or higher and WRTG A111 or higher. For testing schedule, contact the Testing Center.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|CA A111||Bakery Skill Development Laboratory||4|
|CA A202||Advanced Bakery||4|
|CA A490||Current Topics in Food and Hospitality (Courses taught to cover different critical topics)||6|
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the certificate.
Students graduating with the Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Culinary Arts will be able to:
- Apply theories and concepts of baking and implement techniques to operate or function in a commercial bakery
- Identify sanitation and safety codes and procedures necessary to maintain a safe foodservice facility
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and critical thinking necessary for success in the field of baking and pastry arts
- Demonstrate successful employability skills, including oral and written communication skills