This program is delivered only through the Prince William Sound College.
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Marine Service Technology prepares students for technician-level work in the maritime industry.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|Introduction to Maritime Trades
|Marine Boathandling and Safety
|Internal Combustion Engine Theory
|Gasoline Inboard Maintenance and Troubleshooting
|Marine Drive Systems
|Marine Boat Trailers
A minimum of 16 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Marine Service Technician will be able to:
- Perform maintenance, servicing, and repairs on a variety of small to mid-sized motors and engines used in marine and outdoor environments
- Perform repairs or installations of marine electrical systems
- Perform repairs or installations of marine plumbing systems
- Perform maintenance and repairs on marine drive systems
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance and repairs on boat trailers
- Perform repairs on boat hulls and boat interiors