Associate of Applied Science in Construction Management
Certain courses require prerequisites or faculty permission. See an academic advisor for further information.
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- Complete the General Course Requirements for Associate of Applied Science Degrees (15 credits).
- Complete the program requirements below.
- Achieve a grade of C or better in all courses required for the degree.
|ACCT A201||Principles of Financial Accounting||3|
|BA/JUST A241||Business Law I||3|
|WRTG A212||Writing and the Professions||3|
|GEO A181||Construction Surveying||1|
& MATH A152
|College Algebra for Calculus|
and Trigonometry *
|or MATH A155||Precalculus|
|Select one science course with laboratory:||4|
and Physical Geology Laboratory *
|Basic Physics I|
and Basic Physics I Laboratory *
|AET A101||Fundamentals of CADD for Building Construction||4|
|AET A102||Methods of Building Construction||3|
|AET A123||Codes and Standards||3|
|AET A142||Mechanical and Electrical Technology||4|
|AET A231||Structural Technology||4|
|CM A163||Building Construction Cost Estimating||3|
|CM A201||Construction Project Management I||3|
|CM A202||Project Planning and Scheduling||3|
|CM A205||Construction Safety||3|
|CM A213||Construction Civil Technology||4|
|CM A263||Civil Construction Cost Estimating||3|
|CM A295||Construction Management Internship||3|
|or CM A495||Advanced Construction Management Internship|
May also be used to satisfy General Course Requirements.
A total of 66-67 credits is required for the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental processes used to create project designs and construction documents.
- Define the roles, relationships and responsibilities of the participants in the design and construction process.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of contract administration procedures and the communication methods used in their implementation.
- Define the methods, materials and techniques used in the design and construction of buildings and civil works.
- Interpret construction documents to predict project costs, plan construction operations, develop project schedules and assign resources.
- Interpret and apply building codes in construction processes.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues related to construction activities.