Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Economics provides students with the breadth of knowledge and skills across business-related disciplines that prepares them for careers in the public or private sector and non-profit organizations. The major emphasizes problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analytics; upper-division electives such as money and banking, macroeconomics, public finance, and econometrics address current issues and develop core competencies in business and economics. Economics majors have some of the highest LSAT, GMAT, and GRE scores, and UAA BBA Economics majors have gone on to excellent MBA and Ph.D. programs. Economics faculty are internationally ranked for cutting-edge research; undergraduate research and internship opportunities abound.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Economics is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Complete the General University Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the CBPP Bachelor of Business Administration Requirements.
- Complete the major requirements below with a grade of C or better.
|BA/JUST A241||Business Law I||3|
|ECON A312||Econometrics for Business and Economics||3|
|ECON A321||Intermediate Microeconomics||3|
|ECON A324||Intermediate Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON A492||Seminar in Economic Research||3|
|MATH A221||Applied Calculus for Managerial and Social Sciences||3-4|
|or MATH A251||Calculus I|
|Upper-division ECON electives (including a minimum of 3 credits at the 400 level) 1||15|
No more than a total of 6 credits of independent study or ECON A454 may be used to satisfy the major requirements (6 credits of independent study or 3 credits of independent study and 3 credits of ECON A454).
A total of 120 credits is required for the degree, of which a minimum of 48 credits must be upper-division.
Honors in Economics
Students majoring in economics are eligible to graduate with departmental honors if they satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Meet requirements for Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.50 in their major requirements.
- Complete ECON A492 with a grade of A, or complete a research paper with a grade of A which demonstrates independent economic research in a semester-length independent study course.
- Receive an honors score on a comprehensive examination for economics majors.
Students not meeting all these requirements may be awarded honors through a vote of the faculty.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics will be able to demonstrate:
A baccalaureate content knowledge of the Economics discipline.
Knowledge of local, state, and global perspectives in business.
Ability to apply analytical thinking.
Skills in professional interactions and human relations.