Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Geographic Information Systems prepares students for understanding the fundamentals of geospatial science and mastering practical skills required in the field of geospatial industry.
The OEC in Geographic Information Systems is recommended for students who come in at a mathematics placement level equal to or exceeding MATH A152 Trigonometry. Students who do not meet this level will have to take additional courses to meet the prerequisites for this OEC. This may require additional semesters to completion.
- Complete the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates.
- Complete the following major requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|CSCE A101||Introduction to Computer Science||3|
|GIS A101||Introduction to Geographic Information Systems||3|
|GIS A201||Intermediate Geographic Information Systems||3|
|GIS A351||Remote Sensing||3|
|GIS A458||Spatial Data Management||3|
|GIS A467||Image Analysis||3|
A minimum of 18 credits is required for the degree.
Students graduating with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Geographic Information Systems will be able to:
- Effectively manage databases and visualize results of geospatial analysis
- Apply programming skills in order to advance analysis with GIS
- Address planning, decision-making, and operational needs with geospatial skills