Bachelor of Human Services
- Complete the General University Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the General Education Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees.
- Complete the following major program requirements with a minimum grade of C:
|HUMS A107||History and Systems of Human Services||3|
|HUMS A155||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|HUMS A223||Introduction to Paraprofessional Counseling I||3|
|HUMS A256||Groups and Organizations||3|
|HUMS A295A||Human Services Practicum I||3|
|HUMS A295B||Human Services Practicum II||3|
|HUMS A324||Introduction to Paraprofessional Counseling II||3|
|HUMS A353||Working with Individuals with Disabilities: A Human Service Perspective||3|
|PSY A150||Lifespan Development||3|
|or PSY A200||Introduction to Behavior Analysis|
|HUMS A321||Diversity Issues in Human Services Practice||3|
|HUMS A322||Introduction to Case Management in Human Services Practice||3|
|HUMS A333||Alternative Dispute Resolution||3|
|HUMS A354||Clinical Approaches to Substance Abuse||3|
|HUMS A412||Ethical Issues in Human Services Practice||3|
|HUMS A414||Advanced Case Management for Human Services Professionals||3|
|HUMS A417||Substance Abuse Counseling for Human Service Professionals||3|
|HUMS/HS A420||Introduction to Program Evaluation||3|
|HUMS A435||Individual and Group Facilitation||3|
|HUMS A461||Crisis Intervention||3|
|HUMS A464||Leadership in Human Services: Models, Process and Contemporary Issues||3|
|HUMS A495||Human Services Practicum III||3|
|HUMS A496||Human Services Integrative Capstone||3|
|Complete 9 credits from the following (consultation with faculty advisor recommended):||9|
|Community Education and Prevention in Substance Abuse|
|Intervention and Prevention of High Risk Behaviors in Adolescents|
|Introduction to Children's Behavioral Health|
|Teaching Social Skills to Youth in Children's Behavioral Health|
|Positive Behavioral Supports in Children's Behavioral Health|
|Conflict and Collaborative Systems|
|Working with Traumatized Children|
|Complete 6 credits from the following (consultation with faculty advisor recommended):||6|
|Men and Masculinity|
|Selected Topics in Human Service Practice|
|Substance Abuse and the Older Adult|
A minimum of 120 credits is required for the degree, of which 42 credits must be upper division.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with the Bachelor in Human Services will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills in assessing needs and providing services to individuals, families and groups.
- Apply the National Organization for Human Services (NOHS) Standards for Ethical Behavior to their professional work.
- Demonstrate skills in research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Demonstrate skills to effectively intervene with individuals from diverse populations.